Nars Sheer Glow foundation review( worth the hype)


Nars Sheer Glow foundation review( worth the hype)

Mecca website:$68 (plus $4 for a pump)

My shade:Santa Fe 



Image result for nars sheer glow foundation



Nars sheer glow is a very hyped product for a long time and is many beauty guru holy grail foundation. I recently completely finished my bottle of this foundation so have had plenty of times to form an opinion.

Firstly about my skin, I would say my skin is combination it breaks down foundation easily and quickly with oils throughout the day, but it can get dry patches which I do not want a foundation to cling to.

You most likely heard it before but the name Sheer glow doesn’t really describe this foundation. It is a good medium to full coverage, so not exactly sheer. In terms of Glow it is not the most matte foundation but it is not glowly, in my opinion it more of a satin. For my taste both these things are a huge plus , I love a medium-full coverage especially for evening/special occasion which is when I would use a $68 high end foundation. Also I prefer a matte finish foundation as well it last longer on the skin and I personally think a satin or matte is more flattering as a dewy finish I think makes me look to sweaty like I have worked out.

I do have oily skin and foundation generally does not last all day/night on me. I found the Nars foundation to last the night really well, especially when powdered. Usually I found that maybe 3-4 hours into the night I may need to touch up my nose with a powder but that a success in my experience with my skin.

To be honest this is my favourite foundation I have used, I loved how it looked on my skin, the colour match was great, with a peachy yellow undertone which I liked. I think it looks best applied with a beauty sponge but looks good with a brush also.

Would I repurchase: like I said I love this foundation, the only reason I haven’t gone out and got another bottle is the price. It is very expensive and foundation gets used up quickly. Even though I only used it for special occasion and not every day it is still a very costly item and doesn’t last a long time.
So my answer is yes I do see myself repurchasing this in the future, but not right away and I'm not in a rush to spend that type of money.

Is it worth the hype: yes, I totally understand why people love it, because I love it too. I would totally recommend going to Mecca or somewhere that stocks Nars and getting a sample and trying it if you haven’t already.

Let me know your all time favourite foundation below.

Comments

Popular Posts