Sweet or sour


I spent most of my day researching ways to naturally lighten the colour of your hair. Two techniques I thought were worth trying were using honey and the other was using lemons.
I started with the lemon method, it’s very important to mix it with condition because lemon can dry and remove oils from your hair, the conditioner will help protect your hair. Its easy to put the mix into your hair ( spray bottle helps) its light easy to brush through. Then go sit outside in the sun for around 30min.
The lemon did seem to lighten the ends of my hair, I think it probably would have worked better if the sun wasn't hidden behind a cloud for half the time.
After I washed out the lemon mix I tried honey. The honey is also mixed with condition and some water. Placing the honey in your hair is not enjoyable. Its super sticky its hard to put in and it makes a huge mess in the bathroom. Then you have to let it sit in your hair for a min of 2 hour preferably over night. I left it in for the two hours and then washed it out. It’s also extremely hard to wash out and takes a lot of time.
I like that the honey did work it further lighten my hair. Also honey is actually good for your hair unlike lemon, its moisturizing.

Out of the two I plan to continue to use the lemon to get a more noticeable change, I would not recommend the honey though I found it just so hard to use. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts